How to: Configure Hover email in Windows 10 Mail
This tutorial will show you how to set up your Hover email in Windows 10 Mail.
- Windows 10 mail is a little different than previous versions of any Microsoft's operating system email. It also has different options than Microsoft Outlook.
- Windows 10 mail syncs with any mail server using either POP3 or IMAP4 connections.
- When setting up Windows 10 mail with POP3, you will not have the option of removing mail from the servers the way that Outlook does.
- Email messages deleted using the program will cause the messages to hide. The messages will remain in the webmail access until the next time that the email program syncs with the server.
Configuring Windows 10 Mail
1. Launch the Mail application. If you are setting up Mail for the first time, you will be prompted to add an account.
If you have an existing account click on Accounts and select + Add Account.
2. The Choose an account windows will appear. Scroll to the bottom of the list and select Advanced setup.
3. Select Internet email - POP or IMAP account that let you view your mail in a web browser.
4. The Internet email account window will be displayed.
Account name is how you will distinguish the email account from any other emails currently setup within the program.
Your name is the name that will be displayed when you send an email.
Incoming email server is mail.hover.com
Account type is the type of connection you wish to use POP3 or IMAP4.
Email address is your email address.
User name is your email address.
Password is your email password.
Outgoing (SMTP) email server enter mail.hover.com
Ensure all four options are checked and click Sign in.
You will receive an All done! message, click on Done to proceed.
5. If this is the first email address setup in Windows 10 Mail, the Account page will be displayed once again, click on Ready to go to proceed.
6. Your inbox will now be displayed.
By default, Windows 10 Mail will only sync mail from the past three months. To make this modification, click on Accounts, select your email account.
Click on Change mailbox sync settings.
The Sync Settings will appear so you can make any necessary changes. Click Done and Save when you are completed.
Still need some help? Submit a Request.