Pointing your domain to your host provider using Connect
Connect is a feature that you can use to point your domain to select web hosts easily. To connect a domain to your Host provider, you would usually need to retrieve DNS or nameserver information from their site. However, using the Connect tool, we automatically add the required DNS records to connect your domain to the host.
List of currently supported providers
- Big Cartel
- Envato Sites
- Ghost Pro
- Pattern by Etsy
Connect your domain
- Login to your account at Hover.
- Click Your Account and then Domains to navigate to your domain's overview page.
Note: Clicking Domains will take you to a list of your domains if you have multiple. Click the domain name from the list to be taken to its overview page.
- Check the nameservers — For the Connect feature to function correctly, the domains need to be using Hover's nameservers — ns1.hover.com and ns2.hover.com.
Note: Make sure the current nameservers linked to your domain aren't in use for an active site or active email services. making this change may disrupt any third party website or email hosting services.
- Click the Connect tab.
- It will list all the services, click Select on the one you wish to connect your domain to.
- Each service will have step-by-step directions listed for connecting your domain to your web host.
- Follow the instructions for the service then click Connect.
- You will see the following to confirm your connection:
Note: The changes will typically reflect in about 15-30 minutes.
Back to top
Disconnect your domain
- To delete the connection that points your domain to a particular web host, in the list of services on the Connect tab, mouse over the X button.
- A pop-up screen will appear where you can click Disconnect.
Back to top
Still need some help? Submit a Request.