Pointing domains to a hosting provider using Connect
Connect is a feature that you can use to point your domain to select web hosts easily. The Connect feature automatically adds the required DNS records to connect your domain to the host.
Connect compatible hosting providers
- Big Cartel
- Ghost Pro
- Pattern by Etsy
- Responsive Website Builder
Connecting a domain
- Sign in to your Hover Control Panel.
- Click Your Account and then Domains to navigate to the domain's overview page.
Note: Clicking Domains will take you to a list of your domains if you have multiple. Click the domain name from the list to view its overview page.
- Check the nameservers — For the Connect feature to function correctly, the domains need to be using Hover's nameservers — ns1.hover.com and ns2.hover.com.
Note: Make sure the current nameservers linked to your domain are not used for an active site or active email services. Making this change may disrupt any third-party website or email hosting services.
- Click the Connect tab.
- From the list of services, connect a domain by clicking Select on the desired service.
- Each service will have step-by-step directions listed for connecting a domain to the web host.
- Follow the instructions for the service, then click Connect.
- You will see the following to confirm your connection.
Note: The changes will typically reflect in about 15-30 minutes.
Disconnecting a domain
- To delete the connection that points a domain to a particular web host, click the X button in the list of services on the Connect tab.
- A pop-up screen will appear to select Disconnect.
Still need some help? Submit a Request.