How to: Use Connect to Point Your Domain to Select Web Hosting Providers
You can easily set up your domain to point to select webhosts using the Connect feature in your Hover account.
Connect works with the following webhosts:
- Big Cartel
- Ghost Pro
- Pattern by Etsy
How to Connect
- Log into your Hover account on the sign in page: https://www.hover.com/signin
- From the Your Account menu, choose Domains.
- Click on the domain you wish to connect to.
Ensure in the Nameservers section on the Overview page the name servers are pointed to ns1.hover.com and ns2.hover.com.
PLEASE NOTE: changing your nameservers may disrupt any domain forwards or email hosting services. If you are in doubt whether this applies to you, please contact customer service by email at email@example.com, live chat down below in the chat window, or give us a call at 1-866-731-6556 Mon-Fri 8am-11pm, Sat-Sun 8am-8pm EST.
If you need help editing your nameservers see: How to: Change your domain nameservers
- Next, up to the right, click the Connect tab.
- It will list all the services, click Select on the one you wish to connect your domain to.
- Each service will have step-by-step directions listed for connecting your domain to your webhost. Follow the directions then click Connect.
- Now your domain is connected.
How to disconnect
- To delete the connection that points your domain to a particular webhost, in the list of services on the Connect tab, mouse over the X button.
- This will pop-up a screen where you click Disconnect.
Now your domain is no longer connected to that service.
Still need some help? Submit a Request.