This tutorial will show you how to point your Hover domain name at your Unbounce hosted website.
1) Set up the correct DNS record in your Hover account
2) Add your domain to your Unbounce account
Setup Hover DNS
- Log into your Hover account on the sign in page: https://www.hover.com/signin
- From the Your Account menu, choose Domains.
- Click on the domain you wish to connect to.
Ensure in the Nameservers section on the Overview page the name servers are pointed to ns1.hover.com and ns2.hover.com.
PLEASE NOTE: changing your nameservers may disrupt any domain forwards or email hosting services. If you are in doubt whether this applies to you, please contact customer service by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, live chat down below in the chat window, or give us a call at 1-866-731-6556 Mon-Fri 8am-11pm, Sat-Sun 8am-8pm EST.
If you need help editing your nameservers see: How to: Change your domain nameservers
- Next, up to the right, click the DNS tab.
- Click Add a Record.
Under Type choose "CNAME".
Under Hostname enter "www", or any other hostname, to use as a sub-domain.
Under Target Host enter unbouncepages.com
Click Add Record.
You are done!
Changes to your domain name usually take a few hours to propogate across the internet. In some cases it can take up to 48 hours.
Add your domain to Unbounce
- Log in to Unbounce
- Select the sub-account where you want to add your custom domain
- Open the Domains tab from the side navigation bar
- Click Add a Domain
Select the type of custom domain, either a root domain or a sub-domain (depending on what you put as the hostname on the CNAME record you just created in your Hover account).
If you chose the hostname "www" or "@" for your CNAME record, select A root domain, if you chose something else as the hostname, then select A sub-domain.
- Enter your domain name
- Click Add Domain to confirm
Tell your Landing Pages to Use Your Domain in Unbounce
Lastly, you need to tell your landing pages which address (URL) you want them to show up at.
- Navigate to the Page Overview for the relevant landing page
- Click Change URL on the upper left of the page
- Select the domain you wish to use for this page from the domain drop down menu.
- Customize your landing page's final URL as desired.
- Click Change URL to save your changes.
Your setup is complete!