This tutorial will show you how to Connect your domain name at your Tumblr.
To point your domain name at Tumblr, please complete the following steps:
How to Connect
- Log into your Hover account on the sign in page: https://www.hover.com/signin
- From the Your Account menu, choose Domains.
- Click on the domain you wish to connect to.
Ensure in the Nameservers section on the Overview page the name servers are pointed to ns1.hover.com and ns2.hover.com.
PLEASE NOTE: changing your nameservers may disrupt any domain forwards or email hosting services. If you are in doubt whether this applies to you, please contact customer service by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, live chat down below in the chat window, or give us a call at 1-866-731-6556 Mon-Fri 8am-11pm, Sat-Sun 8am-8pm EST.
If you need help editing your nameservers see: How to: Change your domain nameservers
- Next, up to the right, click the Connect tab.
- It will list all the services, click Select on the one you wish to connect your domain to.
- Follow the directions and then click Connect.
- Now your domain is connected and should look something like this.
- Visit https://www.tumblr.com/ and login with your email address and password.
- Click on Settings at the top right-hand corner.
a. Select your blog.
b. Click Use a custom domain name.
c. Enter your Hover domain name.
d. Click Test your domain.
A message will be displayed stating Your domain is pointing to Tumblr.