This tutorial will show you how to point your Hover domain name to Tumblr.
- Visit https://www.hover.com/signin and sign in with your Hover username and password.
- If you have more then one domain name in your Hover.com account, click on the domain name that you are using with Tumblr to take you to the Domain Details page.
- Verify that your Nameservers are set to ns1.hover.com and ns2.hover.com.
* Changes to the nameservers can take anywhere from 24 to 48 hours to propagate.
Click on the DNS tab.
To point your domain at Tumblr, mouse over the @ and * entries for your domain's A records individually and click on edit DNS.
Then enter Tumblr's IP address: 126.96.36.199
* Changes to DNS records can take up to 15 minutes to propagate.
Your DNS records should look like this:
Visit https://www.tumblr.com/ and login with your email address and password.
Click on Settings at the top right-hand corner.
1. Select your blog.
2. Click Use a custom domain name.
3. Enter your Hover domain name.
4. Click Test your domain.
- A message will be displayed stating Your domain is pointing to Tumblr.