This tutorial will show you how to point your domain name at your Shopify website hosting using Hover DNS services.
To point your domain name at Shopify, please complete the following steps:
1. Visit https://www.hover.com/signin and sign in with your Hover username and password.
2. If you have more then one domain name in your Hover.com account, click on the domain name that you are using with Shopify to take you to the Domain Details page.
If you need to change your nameservers, click here for instructions.
4. Click on the DNS tab.
5. Hover your mouse over the "@" A record (also called the "root" record) and select Edit DNS.
Then enter the Shopify IP address: 188.8.131.52
6. Next, click on ADD NEW to add a new DNS record. Use the settings below.
Record Type: CNAME
Target Host: your-shop.myshopify.com (Where "your-shop" is the name of your shop on your Shopify account)
Don't forget to click Save!
7. Your DNS records should look something like this:
Your domain is now pointed at your Shopify hosting. If you had to revert your name servers to the Hover default (ns1.hover.com and ns2.hover.com), please allow up to 24-48 hours for your new DNS settings to take effect. If you were already using our name servers prior to this set up, please allow about 15 minutes for your new DNS settings to take effect.