How to: Use your domain with Jimdo
This tutorial will show you how to Connect your domain name at your Jimdo.
To point your domain name at Jimdo, please complete the following steps:
How to Connect
- Log into your Hover account on the sign in page: https://www.hover.com/signin
- From the Your Account menu, choose Domains.
- Click on the domain you wish to connect to.
Ensure in the Nameservers section on the Overview page the name servers are pointed to ns1.hover.com and ns2.hover.com.
PLEASE NOTE: changing your nameservers may disrupt any domain forwards or email hosting services. If you are in doubt whether this applies to you, please contact customer service by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, live chat down below in the chat window, or give us a call at 1-866-731-6556 Mon-Fri 8am-11pm, Sat-Sun 8am-8pm EST.
If you need help editing your nameservers see: How to: Change your domain nameservers
- Next, up to the right, click the Connect tab.
- It will list all the services, click Select on the one you wish to connect your domain to.
- Follow the directions, paste in your Jimdo Site Name and then click Connect.
- Now your domain is connected and should look something like this.
Your domain is now pointed at your Jimdo hosting. Please allow up to 24 hours for your new DNS settings to take effect.
Still need some help? Submit a Request.