How To: Use your domain email with MailChimp
When you are just getting started with MailChimp you'll need to verify your email domain. When you do this, MailChimp is verifying that you are using a valid "from" email address on a domain that you own and have access to. Basically, they want to make sure the email address is actually yours. This helps protect the reputation of your email address because MailChimp knows that your email address isn't being used by someone else without permission.
You cannot send email through MailChimp until you have verified your email domain.
Log into your MailChimp account here: https://login.mailchimp.com
1. Click on your name in the left hand column of your account and select Account Settings
4. Enter the email address that is on the registered domain you wish to use with MailChimp. Click Send Verification Email
5. You will get a message letting you know the email has been sent to verify your domain.
Go check your Inbox for that email.
6. The email you receive from MailChimp will be From MailChimp Account Services, and will have the Subject: Verify your domain for MailChimp.
You are given two ways to verify the domain:
- Click Verify Domain Access
- Copy the verification code and enter it in previous screen in MailChimp (previous step)
How to delete a Verified Domain
If you want to remove a verified domain from your list you can do that by clicking on the Delete button to the right of the domain on the Verified Domains page in your MailChimp account.
Set up MailChimp Authentication
Authentication adds a trackable identifier to your emails to indicate you are a legitimate sender. It's always a good idea to set up authentication and it couldn't be easier. When you create a campaign in MailChimp, all four types of Authentication are automatically added to your campaign by default.
There are four different types of Authentication, all of which MailChimp supports:
- Domain Keys
When Authentication is disabled for a campaign, the MailChimp SPF record is still included in your sent mail. Only the DKIM is removed.
How to enable or disable Authentication
1. Click on Campaigns and then select the campaign you with so enable or disable Authentication for. In this example, the campaign is called How to Authenticate.
2. Scroll down to the bottom of the page under More Options and you can deselect to disable Authentication, or if it was previously disabled, check off the box to enable it again.
That's all there is to it!
Still need some help? Submit a Request.