How to: Configure Hover email in Mozilla Thunderbird (Updated Aug 2015)
This tutorial will step you through configuring your Hover email address in Mozilla Thunderbird 13 for Windows.
- Open Mozilla Thunderbird. Click on the Tools menu and select Account Settings.
- Click on Account Actions and select Add Mail Account.
- Enter the following:
Your name: Type your name as you wish it to appear when you send email.
Email address: Type your Hover email address
Password: Type your Hover email password.
- Thunderbird will try to configure settings automatically using its ISP database. Click on the Manual Config button.
- Enter the following settings, as pictured below:
Username: Enter your full Hover email address
Select IMAP after the Incoming mail server name. Although we recommend using IMAP, POP3 can also be used.
Incoming port number: 993 (995 if you are using POP3 instead of IMAP)
Outgoing port number: 465
Incoming security: SSL/TLS
Outgoing security: SSL/TLS
Authentication needs be set to Normal password for both incoming and outgoing mail.
Once these settings have been entered, click on Create Account.
Note - Thunderbird 13 users may receive an error if they try to re-test these settings even after the settings are entered perfectly. The settings above should work after clicking on Create Account. It is not necessary to re-test the settings. Please ignore any errors when testing the settings prior to creating the account.
- Thunderbird has been configured for your Hover email account and your account folders and messages will start downloading.
Still need some help? Submit a Request.