This article will show you how to set up Email Forwarding on a domain you have registered with Hover.
Please choose which scenario applies to you:
- I don't have a mailbox with Hover yet
- I just bought a Mail Forward
- I already have, or just bought, a Small or Big Mailbox
- Log into your Hover account https://hover.com/signin
- If you only have one domain, you will already be on Step 3.
If you have more than one domain, click on the domain you have your email associated with.
- On the Overview page, Make sure you are using the Hover nameservers:
If you need to edit these, use the Edit link in the corner. Edits to the DNS in your Hover account will not apply to your domain if you are not using our DNS nameservers.
If you are using another company's nameservers, such as your website hosting provider, then you must go to the hosting provider to make sure the Hover MX Record is updated.
- Select the DNS page.
You want to be sure our MX Record is there.
This is what it looks like: MX @ 10 mx.hover.com.cust.hostedemail.com
- With our MX record in place, you can now click on Email.
If you haven't set up the email address yet, click on the link showing how many mailboxes you have available to create.
If you already have your email address set up, but just need to add the email forwarding, click on the Edit link next to your mailbox.
To create the email address:
- Select the Mailbox Type you have available to create.
- Create a Mailbox Name, the part before the @ in your email.
- Set a Password.
To set up the Email Forwarding
- Toggle Forward to a green "on" position.
- Enter the Email Address you want your email forwarded to.
- Click Create Mailbox.
If you bought a Mail Forward, not a Small Mailbox or Big Mailbox, you can click on the link showing how many Mail Forwards you have available to create.
Enter the Forward Name. This is the part before the @ of your email address.
Enter the Email Address you want your emails forwarded to. Remember, our mail forwards do not have the ability to send email. They can only forward email to another address.
Once set, click Create Forward.
Your Mail Forward has been set up.