Would you like to send and receive email using a personalized email address such as email@example.com instead of a branded webmail account like firstname.lastname@example.org? This tutorial will show you how to add your Hover email address to Yahoo! so you can use it as the from address when sending outgoing mail:
- Before you complete the steps in this lesson, you will need to configure your Hover Email account to forward messages to your Yahoo! email address. If you haven't done this already, click here for step-by-step instructions.
- Visit https://mail.yahoo.com and sign in with your Yahoo! ID and password.
- Click on Options and select Mail Options.
- Select the Mail Accounts option on the left, then click on the Add button.
- Enter the following settings:
Account name: Enter any name for your Hover email account, such as Hover Email.
Email address: Enter your Hover email address.
- Click on the Skip this, setup to Send only.
- Click OK at the bottom of the Add Account window.
After a few minutes you should receive an email from Yahoo! Member Services with an email address confirmation link. Click on the link to verify your Hover email address then you will be able to send email in Yahoo! using your Hover email address. Simply select your Hover email address from the From list when you are composing a new email. Your recipients will never know the difference!