How to: Configure Hover email in Sparrow
To configure Sparrow to send and receive your Hover email, complete the following steps:
- Open Sparrow. First time Sparrow users will be presented with the following account setup screen:
If you already have existing accounts in Sparrow, click on the Sparrow menu and select Preferences, as pictured below:
Select the Accounts tab and click on the plus sign to add a new account.
- Enter your name as you wish it to appear on your outgoing messages, your Hover email address, and your Hover email password. Click Create to continue.
- Enter the following settings for our receiving server:
IMAP Server: mail.hover.com
Login: enter your full Hover email address
Password: enter your Hover email password
Port should be set to Auto and Secure connection should be checked.
- Enter the following settings for our sending server:
SMTP Server: mail.hover.com
Secure connection and Use Authentication should be checked. Your Hover email address and password should be automatically entered the login and password fields.
- You will be given a window with advice on running Sparrow. Click Done after reading the welcome information.
- The account set up has been completed. You will be taken to your email inbox.
Still need some help? Submit a Request.