This tutorial will step you through preparing a domain at Network Solutions for a transfer to Hover.
Warning - if you rely on Network Solutions' DNS services for custom DNS records, please contact Hover customer service so we can setup your DNS records in Hover before you transfer in so you do not experience any downtime on your domain's services.
This tutorial applies to the following top-level domains:
.com / .net / .info / .org / .tv / .us / .me / .biz / .tel
Other top-level domains, such as .ca domains, have a different transfer process. Please contact email@example.com or give us a call at 1-866-731-6556 if you need help with the transfer of top-level domains not covered in this section.
To transfer a domain from Network Solutions to Hover, follow these steps:
To disable domain privacy for a domain at Network Solutions
1. Visit http://www.networksolutions.com and click MANAGE ACCOUNT.
5. Scroll down to the Details section for the domain you want to transfer, and the click Turn Private Registration off.
Domain privacy is now disabled.
2. Scroll down to the User Profile section, and check that your email address is correct. If the address is out of date, click Edit User Profile.
4. Use a public whois website and check whether or not you need to update your domain's administrative contact email address. Here are two services you can use:
If your admin email address is out of date, it needs to be updated prior to the transfer.
9. Select Yourself (this is the user profile contact information you checked earlier) and then click on Continue.
3. Scroll down to the Details section. Across from Transfer Lock, click Turn Off or Request Authorization Code.
5. Click to put a check in the box to acknowledge that you want to continue with the transfer, and then click Continue Transfer.
7. Select Leave Domain Protect off, click to put a check in the box beside Request Authorization Code, and then click Save.
Your authorization code will be sent by email to your account profile email address.
- Visit https://www.hover.com and click on Transfer.
Or, go directly to https://hover.com/transfer
If you already have an account, sign in here https://www.hover.com/signin
Once you're signed in, You can then click on Transfer at the top of the page.
- Enter the domain to be transferred, and click on the Double Arrow (check) button.
- A step-by-step transfer process screen will appear. Depending on your registration service provider, there will be up to 3 steps listed:
- Domain privacy status
- Admin email confirmation
- Domain lock status
If the step has an orange exclamation mark (!) symbol in the status then this indicates that the step needs to be completed to continue. A green check indicates that the step has been completed.
Click on Send approval email to confirm the admin email address.
- Once you receive this email, use the Agree button after entering your initials. If the button does not work, you can use the link just below it. "This form is also available on the hover.com website". Once verified you will be redirected to the transfer-in page on hover.com. It will look something like this:
- Once there are green checks next to each status item, click Add to cart to add the domain name to your shopping cart.
- Under Cart Summary, click Proceed to Cart.
NOTE: The prices shown are examples only, and may not reflect current pricing.
- On the Shopping Cart page, enter the transfer authorization code that you should have from the domain provider you are transferring away from, and click Submit.
Then click Secure Checkout.
- If you are not already signed in to a Hover account you will be asked to sign in or create an account.
If you already have an account, click Sign in, and sign in with your Hover username and password. If you are a new customer, complete the required fields, and then click Create Account.
- Fill out your Full Name and Address as you would like them to appear in your domain registration records, and then click Continue.
Note: This information must be correct and accurate to ensure you always have control over your domains.
- Enter your Billing Info.
If you have billing information saved to your account, it will be automatically entered for you. As seen below, you can see the existing credit card is already chosen.
If you want to use another card, choose Pay with a new credit card.
If you want to pay using PayPal, choose Pay with PayPal.
- Fill in your name and address as they appear on your credit card statements (if using a credit card), then scroll down and enter your credit card number, card security code (CVV), and expiration date.
If using PayPal, a window will open up for you to login to your PayPal account. When finished, you will be directed back to your order.
Click Continue when finished.
- Put a check next to I have read and agree to the Terms of Service, and then click Submit Order. Before any order can be placed on our system, the terms of service must be agreed to first.
Your domain will remain in a pending status until the transfer completes. You will see this on the Overview page in your account for this domain.
If you'd like to refresh the status and see if there's any update, you can click Check Progress.
Transfers can take anywhere up to 5-7 days to compete. If you have submitted a transfer and approved all the emails you received, and it has been longer than 7 days, please contact support and we can take a look at this for you and see what the issue may be.