This tutorial will step you through preparing a domain at Network Solutions for a transfer to Hover.
Warning - if you rely on Network Solutions' DNS services for custom DNS records, please contact Hover customer service so we can setup your DNS records in Hover before you transfer in so you do not experience any downtime on your domain's services.
This tutorial applies to the following top-level domains:
.com / .net / .info / .org / .tv / .us / .me / .biz / .tel
Other top-level domains, such as .ca domains, have a different transfer process. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call at 1-866-731-6556 if you need help with the transfer of top-level domains not covered in this section.
To transfer a domain from Network Solutions to Hover, follow these steps:
To disable domain privacy for a domain atNetwork Solutions
1. Visit http://www.networksolutions.com and click MANAGE ACCOUNT.
2. Log in with your Network Solutions User ID and password.
3. Click My Domain Names.
4. Locate the domain you want to transfer, and click Manage. If you only have one domain skip to step 5.
5. Scroll down to the Details section for the domain you want to transfer, and the click Turn Private Registration off.
6. Select Turn Private Registration off, and then click Go.
Domain privacy is now disabled.
1. Click the Account Settings tab.
2. Scroll down to the User Profile section, and check that your email address is correct. If the address is out of date, click Edit User Profile.
3. Enter your current email address in the E-mail text field and then click Save.
If your admin email address is out of date, it needs to be updated prior to the transfer.
5. If you need to update your administrative contact, click the Account Settings tab.
6. Click WHOIS Contacts.
7. Put a check next to the domain name being transferred, then click Edit.
8. Select WHOIS Administrative Contact then click Go.
9. Select Yourself (this is the user profile contact information you checked earlier) and then click on Continue.
1. Click the My Products & Services tab, and then click My Domain Names.
2. Locate the domain you want to transfer, and click Manage. Scroll down to the Details section. Across from Transfer Lock, click Request Authorization Code.
3. Click Continue Transfer.
4. Click to put a check in the box to acknowledge that you want to continue with the transfer, and then click Continue Transfer.
5. Next, you don't have to fill out the questions they ask just click Save.
6. This will request the Authorization Code and it will be emailed to your administrative email in 3 days.
7. To turn off the Transfer Lock, click Turn Off Request:
- Visit https://www.hover.com and click on Transfer.
Or, go directly to https://hover.com/transfer
If you already have an account, sign in here https://www.hover.com/signin
Once you're signed in, You can then click on Transfer at the top of the page.
- Enter the domain to be transferred, and click on the Double Arrow (check) button.
- A step-by-step transfer process screen will appear with the transfer fee. Cost will depend on domain name you wish to transfer. Some domain extensions (TLDs) cost more than others and some domains are classified as "premium" by the registries. Some premium domains renew or transfer at regular rates and cost a premium for registration, others may cost a premium to register, renew and transfer. Premium domains will be flagged with a blue star so they are easy to recognize.
- If the step has an orange exclamation mark (!) symbol in the status then this indicates that the step needs to be completed to continue. A green check indicates that the step has been completed.
- Under Cart Summary, click Proceed to Cart.
NOTE: The prices shown are examples only, and may not reflect current pricing.
- On the Shopping Cart page, enter the transfer authorization code that you should have from the domain provider you are transferring away from, and click Submit.
Then click Secure Checkout.
- If you are not already signed in to a Hover account you will be asked to sign in or create an account.
If you already have an account, click Sign in, and sign in with your Hover username and password. If you are a new customer, complete the required fields, and then click Create Account.
- Fill out your Full Name and Address as you would like them to appear in your domain registration records, and then click Continue.
Note: This information must be correct and accurate to ensure you always have control over your domains.
- Enter your Billing Info.
If you have billing information saved to your account, it will be automatically entered for you. As seen below, you can see the existing credit card is already chosen.
If you want to use another card, choose Pay with a new credit card.
If you want to pay using PayPal, choose Pay with PayPal.
- Fill in your name and address as they appear on your credit card statements (if using a credit card), then scroll down and enter your credit card number, card security code (CVV), and expiration date.
If using PayPal, a window will open up for you to login to your PayPal account. When finished, you will be directed back to your order.
Click Continue when finished.
- Put a check next to I have read and agree to the Terms of Service, and then click Submit Order. Before any order can be placed on our system, the terms of service must be agreed to first.
- After May 25, 2018 many registrars along with eNom will require you approve the transfer after submitting the request at Hover. If no action is taken the transfer will be canceled after six days.
Your domain will remain in a pending status until the transfer completes. You will see this on the Overview page in your account for this domain.
If you'd like to refresh the status and see if there's any update, you can click Check Progress.
Transfers can take anywhere up to 5-7 days to compete. If you have submitted a transfer and approved all the emails you received, and it has been longer than 7 days, please contact support and we can take a look at this for you and see what the issue may be.