This tutorial will step you through preparing a domain at Network Solutions for a transfer to Hover.
Warning - if you rely on Network Solutions' DNS services for custom DNS records, please contact Hover customer service so we can setup your DNS records in Hover before you transfer in so you do not experience any downtime on your domain's services.
This tutorial applies to the following top-level domains:
.com / .net / .info / .org / .tv / .us / .me / .biz / .tel
Other top-level domains, such as .ca domains, have a different transfer process. Please contact email@example.com or give us a call at 1-866-731-6556 if you need help with the transfer of top-level domains not covered in this section.
To transfer a domain from Network Solutions to Hover, follow these steps:
To disable domain privacy for a domain at Network Solutions
1. Visit http://www.networksolutions.com and click MANAGE ACCOUNT.
5. Scroll down to the Details section for the domain you want to transfer, and the click Turn Private Registration off.
Domain privacy is now disabled.
2. Scroll down to the User Profile section, and check that your email address is correct. If the address is out of date, click Edit User Profile.
4. Use a public whois website and check whether or not you need to update your domain's administrative contact email address. Here are two services you can use:
If your admin email address is out of date, it needs to be updated prior to the transfer.
9. Select Yourself (this is the user profile contact information you checked earlier) and then click on Continue.
3. Scroll down to the Details section. Across from Transfer Lock, click Turn Off or Request Authorization Code.
5. Click to put a check in the box to acknowledge that you want to continue with the transfer, and then click Continue Transfer.
7. Select Leave Domain Protect off, click to put a check in the box beside Request Authorization Code, and then click Save.
Your authorization code will be sent by email to your account profile email address.
1. Visit http://www.hover.com and click on Transfer.
If you are already a Hover customer, sign in to your Hover account at https://www.hover.com/signin and click the + Add New button, and then click the + Transfer a domain to Hover link, as pictured below.
2. Type the domain name to be transferred in the text box and click on the Double Arrow (check) button.
You may see up to three steps listed:
- Domain privacy status
- Admin email confirmation
- Domain lock status
If the step has a red exclamation mark next to it, that step needs to be completed before you can continue. A green check indicates that the step has been completed.
3. Click Send approval email.
4. Check your email and open the message from Hover asking you to indicate that you want to proceed with the transfer. Enter your initials in the field as indicated and click Agree.
Alternatively, you can click the link This form is also available on the hover.com website to view this message on the Hover site. Once you click Agree, you will be redirected to the transfer page on hover.com.
You should now see green checks next to each status item.
5. Click Add to cart to add the domain name to your shopping cart.
7. On the Shopping Cart page, enter the transfer authorization code that was emailed to you and click Submit, and then click Secure Checkout.
8. If you are not already signed in to a Hover account you will be asked to sign in or create an account.
If you already have an account, click Sign in, and sign in with your Hover username and password. If you are a new customer, complete the required fields, and then click Create Account.
9. Fill out your name and address as you would like them to appear in your domain registration records, and then click Continue.
10. Billing information needs to be provided next. You can use your existing credit card if you already have an account with billing information, or select Use a different card if you want to use a new credit card. (PayPal is not available for domain transfers)
11. Fill in your name and address as they appear on your credit card statements, then scroll down and enter your credit card number, card security code (CVV), and expiration date. Click Continue when finished.
Your domain status will be listed as pending (marked by the orange exclamation mark) until the transfer completes.
If you do nothing, your pending domain transfer from Network Solutions to Hover will be approved automatically after 5 days. If you don't want to wait, you can follow these instructions to approve your pending transfer.
Important: Network Solutions will disable hosting, email, DNS, and URL forwarding services once your transfer away has been approved. If you rely on any of these Network Solutions services for your domain name, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at +1.866.731.6556 so we can help you set up these services at Hover before your transfer is complete.
To expedite your transfer from Network Solutions to Hover
1. Check your Email for a Transfer Confirmation Request message from Network Solutions.
Network Solutions will provide a summary of the approved transfer. It may still take a few days for your domain transfer to be completed.