This article will walk you through the general guidelines that need to be followed before a domain name can be transferred to Hover, and how to initiate that transfer on the Hover.com website.
If you're with one of the following providers, please click on the link to see a step-by-step guide:
Before you can begin a transfer:
- Domain privacy services must be disabled.
- Verify that your administrative email address in the domain registration record is accurate.
- Your domain must be unlocked.
- Acquire your domain's transfer authorization code (also referred to as an EPP or auth code).
Domain transfers will be outright rejected if:
- The domain name is locked
- The domain name was registered or transferred in the past 60 days
- The authorization code provided is invalid
- The domain name is in redemption (or expired, in some cases)
- There is an unresolved domain dispute
If you rely on your current domain provider's nameservers for custom DNS records (website hosting, email, etc), we can help copy that over. We provide a valet service to help when you have active DNS on your domain. Please check out FAQ: Valet Transfer Service to see if this applies to you.
- Visit https://www.hover.com and click on Transfer.
Or, go directly to https://hover.com/transfer
If you already have an account, sign in here https://www.hover.com/signin
Once you're signed in, You can then click on Transfer at the top of the page.
- Enter the domain to be transferred, and click on the Double Arrow (check) button.
- A step-by-step transfer process screen will appear. Depending on your registration service provider, there will be up to 3 steps listed:
- Domain privacy status
- Admin email confirmation
- Domain lock status
If the step has an orange exclamation mark (!) symbol in the status then this indicates that the step needs to be completed to continue. A green check indicates that the step has been completed.
Click on Send approval email to confirm the admin email address.
- Once you receive this email, use the Agree button after entering your initials. If the button does not work, you can use the link just below it. "This form is also available on the hover.com website". Once verified you will be redirected to the transfer-in page on hover.com. It will look something like this:
- Once there are green checks next to each status item, click Add to cart to add the domain name to your shopping cart.
- Under Cart Summary, click Proceed to Cart.
NOTE: The prices shown are examples only, and may not reflect current pricing.
- On the Shopping Cart page, enter the transfer authorization code that you should have from the domain provider you are transferring away from, and click Submit.
Then click Secure Checkout.
- If you are not already signed in to a Hover account you will be asked to sign in or create an account.
If you already have an account, click Sign in, and sign in with your Hover username and password. If you are a new customer, complete the required fields, and then click Create Account.
- Fill out your Full Name and Address as you would like them to appear in your domain registration records, and then click Continue.
Note: This information must be correct and accurate to ensure you always have control over your domains.
- Enter your Billing Info.
If you have billing information saved to your account, it will be automatically entered for you. As seen below, you can see the existing credit card is already chosen.
If you want to use another card, choose Pay with a new credit card.
If you want to pay using PayPal, choose Pay with PayPal.
- Fill in your name and address as they appear on your credit card statements (if using a credit card), then scroll down and enter your credit card number, card security code (CVV), and expiration date.
If using PayPal, a window will open up for you to login to your PayPal account. When finished, you will be directed back to your order.
Click Continue when finished.
- Put a check next to I have read and agree to the Terms of Service, and then click Submit Order. Before any order can be placed on our system, the terms of service must be agreed to first.
Your domain will remain in a pending status until the transfer completes. You will see this on the Overview page in your account for this domain.
If you'd like to refresh the status and see if there's any update, you can click Check Progress.
Transfers can take anywhere up to 5-7 days to compete. If you have submitted a transfer and approved all the emails you received, and it has been longer than 7 days, please contact support and we can take a look at this for you and see what the issue may be.