The following tasks need to be completed before a domain can be transferred:
- Domain privacy needs to be disabled.
- The administrative email contact needs to be up-to-date.
- The domain needs to be unlocked.
- You will need your domain's transfer authorization code.
Please complete the following steps to transfer your domain away from Hover:
- Sign in to your Hover account online at https://www.hover.com/signin
- If you have more than one domain name in your account, click on the domain name that you are transferring away.
- Next, make sure the the domain is unlocked, privacy is disabled, and you have your Auth Code copied down.
1. Deselect the locking and privacy options on the right.
2. Copy your authorization code so you can provide this to the new service provider.
3. Check your Admin contact details to ensure the email address is valid and you have access to it.
- Correct your admin email address, as required, and then click Save.
- After completing the above steps, contact your new service provider and ask them to initiate the transfer. After being initiated, domain transfers can take 5-7 days to be completed. When we receive the request from the new service provider, we will send you an email to decline or approve the transfer. This will bypass the 5 day hold on the transfer and it will be released from our system right away.