.COOP registration requirements
.COOP TLDs are restricted to organizations that are cooperatives, and individuals who work primarily with cooperatives.
.COOP domains can be registered by any of the following:
- Organizations formed as and/or considered cooperatives under applicable local law
- Associations comprised of cooperatives
- Organizations that are committed to the seven cooperative principles
- Organizations that is majority controlled by cooperatives
- Entities whose operations are principally dedicated to serving cooperatives
When you place an order for a .COOP domain, you need to submit a CVC (Coop Verification Code) number. The CVC is issued by the dotCoop registry, and proves that the registrant is eligible to register a .COOP domain name.
To obtain a CVC number, go to the dotCOOP registry page http://www.nic.coop/preverification and complete the application form. If your application is approved, the registry will email you a CVC number. You can then complete the domain order form.
For more information, see http://www.nic.coop/eligibility.aspx
Still need some help? Submit a Request.