.IT registration requirements and legal types
.IT is the TLD for Italy.. All .IT registrations are for one year.
Note: There is no refund when you cancel a .IT domain name.
When you place an order for a .IT domain, you need to complete the following additional fields in the Registrant Contact Information section of the order form:
- Entity Type — From the drop-down list, choose the category that best describes the Registrant:
- Persons, Foreign and Italian
- Italian Companies/One Man Companies
- Italian Freelance Worker/Professionals
- Italian Non-profit Organizations
- Italian Other subjects
- Non Italian, Non Persons
- Nationality — This field is required if Entity Type is Persons, Foreign and Italian. From the drop-down list, choose the Registrant's nationality. The Registrant must be either resident of an EU nation or a citizen of an EU country. For example, a French citizen living in the U.S. can buy a .IT domain (Nationality=France, Country=United States), and a U.S. citizen living in France can also buy a .IT domain (Nationality=United States, Country=France), but an American living in the U.S. cannot buy a .IT domain.
- VAT/Codice Fiscale — The value that you need to enter depends on the entity type of the registrant.
- Italian citizens must enter their Codice Fiscale.
- Non Italians can enter n.a.
- Italian companies, freelancers and other subjects must enter their 11 digit VAT number or tax identification number.
- Italian non-profit organizations must enter their VAT number or tax identification number; if they do not have one,they can enter n.a.
- Non Italian entities other than persons (organizations, freelancers, companies, etc.) must enter their VAT number.
Still need some help? Submit a Request.