How to: Reset your account password or recover a lost username
If you've forgotten your user account password or your Hover username, follow the steps below to have a secure password reset link OR the username sent to the email address associated with your Hover account.
If you do not know the email address associated with your Hover account or it is out of date, contact Hover Customer Service through the chat window on the website, through email at email@example.com or by phone at 1- 866-731-6556 for assistance.
From the sign in page, choose the link (in green lettering) for "Forgot Password?" directly above the text box where you would normally type in your password:
Enter the username associated with your Hover account in the text box and then click the "Send" button.
An Email sent confirmation message let's you know the password reset email has been sent to your on-file email address.
In a few moments, you will receive an email with the subject line "Reset your Hover Password" that contains a link to reset your password. The email looks like this:
- Click on the green "RESET YOUR PASSWORD" button in the email message.
- Or manually paste the link into your browser address bar.
- This is an encrypted token that will allow you to choose a new password and have it save in your Hover account.
- Your username is also listed for your reference.
Important Note: The encrypted token in the password reset message will only work for 1 hour after it's sent to you. If you miss the 1 hour window, simply request another and you'll receive a new one (that will last for 1 hour).
Type a new password for your Hover account into the text box. Then click the green "Continue" button.
Clicking the green "Continue" button saves your new password and logs you directly into the Activity section of your Hover account. You will see the message "Your password has been reset" to let you know your new password is now saved.
From the sign in page, choose the link (in green lettering) for "Forgot Username?" directly above the text box where you would normally type in your username:
Enter the email address associated with your Hover account in the text box and then click the "Send" button.
In a few moments, you will receive an email with the subject line "Hover Username Reminder" that contains your Hover username. If you have more than one user account associated with your email address, the message will list all your usernames and includes a link to the signin page. The email looks like this:
- Follow the link to the signin page
- Or manually paste the link into your browser address bar
- Login with the username from the email you received and your associated password
If the email address you entered cannot not the main email associated with a Hover account, you'll see a message in a red box indicating the email address is not found.
What to do?
- Check for typos
- Ensure you've entered the email address saved as the contact email address for renewal reminders and other messages from Hover
- Remember, entering one of the email addresses you manage through your account won't allow us to send you your username - we can only send the username to the contact email address on file
Still need some help? Submit a Request.