the domain name is locked (this tutorial will show you how to unlock your domain name)
the domain name was registered or transferred in the past 60 days
the authorization code provided is invalid (this tutorial will show you how to obtain the authorization code)
the domain name is in redemption
there is an unresolved domain dispute (a form of registrar lock)
Warning - if you rely on GoDaddy's DNS services for custom DNS records, please contact Hover customer service so we can set up your DNS records in Hover before you transfer in so that you do not experience any downtime on your domain's services. If you are using a third party for your DNS hosting (such as your hosting provider's name servers) you can continue to do so as the name servers will not be changed during the transfer process.
Once your domain name has been prepared for transfer, you can initiate the transfer using the steps outlined below.
Or, If you are an existing customer, sign in to your Hover account at https://www.hover.com/signin and click on the Add New button and then click on the + Transfer a domain to Hover link, as pictured below.
2. Type the domain name to be transferred in the text box and click on the Check or Search button (the button name will vary depending on whether you are initiating the transfer from within an account or from the main Hover page).
3. A step-by-step transfer process screen will appear. The question mark icon will link you to a help tutorial.
Depending on your registration service provider, there will be up to 3 steps listed:
Domain privacy status.
Admin email confirmation.
Domain lock status.
If the step has an orange ! symbol in the status then this indicates that the step needs to be completed to continue. A green check indicates that the step has been completed.
Click on Send approval email to confirm the admin email address.
4. Open your email, find a message with an "agree" button you must click after entering your initials. If the button does not work, you can use the link just below "This form is also available on the hover.com website". Once verified you will be redirected to the transfer-in page on hover.com.
5. Once there are green checks next to each status item, click Add to cart to add the domain name to your shopping cart.
6. Under ORDER SUMMARY, click Proceed to Cart.
7. On the Shopping Cart page, enter the transfer authorization code that was emailed to you, and then click Checkout.
8. If you are not already signed in to a Hover account you will be asked to sign in or create an account.
If you already have an account, click Sign in, and sign in with your Hover username and password. If you are a new customer, complete the required fields, and then click Create Account.
9. Fill out your name and address as you would like them to appear in your domain registration records, and then click Continue.
10. Enter your billing information.
If you have billing information saved with your account, you can use that existing credit card, or you can select Use a different card if you want to use a new credit card. (PayPal is not available for domain transfers.) If you don't already have billing information associated with your account, the option that appears is Use credit card.
11. Fill in your name and address as they appear on your credit card statements, then scroll down and enter your credit card number, card security code (CVV), and expiration date. Click Continue when finished.
12. Put a check next to I have read and agree to the Terms of Service, and then click Purchase Now.
Your domain status will be listed as pending (marked by the orange exclamation mark) until the transfer completes.